Hunter Gather Cook Terms & Conditions.
The terms of these terms and conditions constitute a legally binding contract between you, the client, and
Hunter Gather Cook (HGC).
2. Group Days: Payments, refunds and cancellations.
2.1 To con!rm a booking with HGC full payment is required prior to the course taking place.
2.2 Cancellation of the booking by you, the client
- Less than 1 week prior to the course taking place- no refund or transfer to another course.
- Less than 6 weeks but more than 1 week prior to the course taking place- option to transfer to another course of the same value or partial refund with deposit of 1/3 the total amount of the course to be withheld by HGC.
2.3 Vouchers bought as gifts from HGC are non-refundable.
2.4 On cancellation by us, Hunter Gather Cook, a full refund of the payment made by you, the client, will be issued
or a transfer to a course of the same value.
3. Private Days: Payments, refunds and cancellations.
3.1 On con!rming a booking with HGC, an immediate non-refundable deposit of 1/3 of the total course amount
is required. HGC will not ‘hold’ a date for you without a deposit.
3.2 The remainder of the course payment is due no less than 4 weeks prior to the course taking place. This is the
responsibility of you, the client, to ensure that the remainder of the payment has been transferred and to also
notify HGC by an email to [email protected]
3.3 If the booking is made less than 4 weeks prior to the course date then the full amount is payable on
con!rming the booking.
3.4 On cancellation by you:
- Less than 2 weeks prior to the course taking place- no refund or transfer to another date.
- Less than 6 weeks but more than 2 weeks prior to the course taking place- option to transfer to another date or partial refund with deposit of 1/3 the total amount of the course to be withheld by HGC.
3.5 On cancellation by us, Hunter Gather Cook, a full refund of the payment made by you, the client, will be issued
or transfer of the course to another date.
4.1 You must, at all times, comply to the rules and regulations laid out by HGC and HGC instructors. HGC reserves
the right to remove you, the client, from a course if the rules and regulations are not followed.
4.2 Disclosure of risk.
Hunter:Gather:Cook (HGC) asks you to read the following. It may have a bearing on your safety and that of others
that are involved in activities with you.
HGC has legal & regulatory obligations to provide a duty-of-care to all that participate in any of our outdoor
activities. As you would expect we take all reasonable steps to provide the level of care & assurances of safety that
are appropriate to each of the activities. You should though be aware that there will always be certain risks that are
inherent to outdoor activities. It is not possible to eliminate these risks without destroying the character &
experience of each activity.
The level of real, as opposed to perceived risk associated with the activities is very low. However, the types of risk
may be something with which you are not ordinarily familiar. For avoidance of uncertainty, environments &
situations that you may encounter include:
- Rough/ rugged terrain: this may cause you to experience greater than usual strain on joints & muscles
- Tools: Some activities at HGC involve the use of Knives, axes and on occasion Machetes. These should only ever be used under the supervision of an HgC instructor. Whilst we maintain strict control over our tools and teach you how to use them correctly, any accident or injury sustained from negligent or unsupervised use, HGC will NOT be liable. On the occasion you receive a ‘gift’ of a knife from HGC it is then considered your own property and therefor HGC are not liable for any injury sustained from its use.
- Physical effort: our activities may involve you in a greater level of exertion than in your usual day-to-day environment.
- Height & water: whilst appropriate safety precautions are taken, some people can find situations at height or on water to be stressful.
- Natural environment: most likely to be a rapid & significant change in weather or unstable/slippery conditions underfoot, but can also include rock falls, lightening etc.
- Slips & trips: the most common cause of accident throughout society, the opportunity for slips, trips & falls is likely to be greater than that which you usually experience.
- Loss or damage: the environments and activities that you choose to experience may increase the potential for loss of or damage to your personal clothing or equipment.
As well as HGC’s part in ensuring as safe an environment as possible for each activity, participants also have a responsibility for safety. Your responsibilities are as follows:
- Medical: please make us aware of any food allergies or medical condition(s) or injuries, past or present, which may affect or make ill-advised your participation in any activity. We can then agree with you whether or not you should participate.
- Fears & phobias: before commencing any activity, please ensure that we are aware if you have any major concerns, fears or phobias about the situation(s) in which you are choosing to place yourself. We will work with you to help ease your feelings of discomfort/apprehension/fear, & ensure that you are as comfortable as possible.
- Drugs & alcohol: it is potentially highly dangerous to participate in any activity whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol. HGC reserves the right to prevent any person participating in any activity, should we suspect that you be under the influence or drugs or alcohol.
- Instruction: you must accept & act upon all direction & instruction from our instructors.
Thank you for taking the time to read & consider this Disclosure of Risk.
4.3 HGC is reserves the right to change the timing and/or content of any course or instructor at any time.
- HGC is not liable for any items of special value or belonging’s of you, the client.
- HGC does not accept responsibility for the loss or damage of personal possessions on any courses.
6.1 No failure or delay by HGC in enforcing any of its rights under the Contract shall be deemed to be a waiver of
6.2 The Contract shall be governed by English law.
Website Terms and Conditions:
If you continue to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following
terms and conditions of use
- The content provided on this website is for general information and use only and is subject to change without prior notice.
- Unauthorised use of any pictures, illustrations, information or photographic material found this website without prior consent from Hunter Gather Cook is prohibited and may give claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence
- Links to this website can only be granted by HGC with prior consent.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.